Farthingales’ has never applied full retail mark-ups to the products we sell. This means that it’s difficult to “wholesale” but we do want to show appreciation to customers who buy larger quantities, as larger quantities are more economical to process. They are also more economical to ship – based on cost per unit. For example: the price to ship one busk is about the same as the cost to ship 10 busks (depending on length/destination/service). So if it costs $10 to ship one busk and it costs $10 to ship 10 busks…then for one you’re paying $10 for shipping and for 10 you’re only paying $1 each for shipping.
There are various ways to get discounts based on quantity on the Farthingales website. Note: you’ll see the discount listed when you get to the shopping cart.
· There are various ways to get discounts based on quantity on the Farthingales website. Note: you’ll see the discount listed when you get to the shopping cart.
- · Scroll over the tab “Corset Making Supplies”, you’ll see a drop down menu and the very top listing is “Bulk Corset Making Supplies”. You’ll see bulk quantities of bones by the pieces and by the meter, and busks. These quantities are designed for costume shops or anyone who can purchase 100 bones per size or 10 busks per size.
- · Most items have a “View Quantity Discount” button the page (there is no button if there is no discount). Click on the button to see what quantity you need to purchase and what the discount is. For example: coutil requires 15 meters to get a discount of 20%, but it also indicates that the 15 meters of coutil can be any mix of styles or colours – you don’t need to purchase 15 meters of one coutil – though you can if you want to and you’ll still get the discount.
- · On multi-size pages where you can click on several sizes of an item and add them all to your cart. Look for the caption under the image to see if there is a quantity discount. For example: “spring steel bones 6mm” have the caption “order 50-100 bones, any mix of sizes and save 10%”. For this discount you simply type in the qty in the boxes of each size of bone that you want and add them to your cart. As long as the total is between 50 and 100 pieces you’ll get the discount.
- · And of course there is the “Sale” page where we have discontinued items and odd lengths of fabric from the end of bolts.
Always check out the discount options to see if there is anything you can add to your order to make it most cost effective to ship, and you’ll save with the discount to.