Corset Making Supplies

Corset Making Supplies
A corset can be worn in any way you imagine

Monday, August 3, 2015

I'm Chicago bound this week for three days of corset classes at Vogue Fabrics Store in Evanston Illinois, my favorite place next to the L.A. textile district. Vogue has it all...fashion fabrics, home dec, interfacing, thread, zippers, trims, buttons, tools and corset making supplies! It takes the space of what was originally 4 stores so it's big - and they have a huge on-line presence to. The corset supplies they stock are from Farthingales (in fact they are the US distributor of Farthingales product) so you know that the quality is what it should be.

The following week I'll be back in the shop and preparing for another kids sewing summer camp. This one is for kids who have taken our beginner classes and are ready to make a complete outfit! The kids are between 9 and 12 years old and they'll be making leggings, a sleeveless tunic and and infinity scarf. The camp is almost fully booked and I'm really looking forward to it.

In between times I'm working on the schedule for fall classes; including full day programs for PA Days.

And there is "The Book"...I'm still working on editing and formatting the over 20 chapters of my second corset making book. As I complete each chapter I'll be posting it to the website in the section Books>PDF Corset Books for Download some chapters are free but there is a charge for most of them as it's cost me a great deal of time and money to create the samples and write about the processes.

Farthingales will not be vendoring at any shows this fall...not even the Creativ Festival in Toronto despite having participated for the better part of 18 years! It's time to attend the show and take some classes but I'm sure we will be back in 2016 as we hope to do as many shows as possible then.


1 comment: